Hats off to bustling Birmingham, the home of studio HQ, for being one of the happiest cities in the U.K to live and work in! Inspired by our beautiful city, we crafted this little thought provoking piece on happiness, as you can tell, we do like to get our thinking caps on.
Which couldn’t ring more true, we naturally shy away from things that will cause us unnecessary pain and will joyfully take part in indulgence. The human race is a hedonistic bunch, but with our gift of reason, we learn that gluttony comes at the expense of our health… Luckily the odd occasion won’t hurt! Whether it’s putting your feet up after a hard day in the office, finally reaching that 10km mark or just digging into that freshly baked apple pie; happiness is everywhere to be seen and found. The circumstances could be simple or complex, one thing’s for sure, we all love to feel happy.
If You’re Happy and You Know It…
Of course never forget to clap those hands. Our mood has a significant part to play in our overall mental attitude and perceptions, not to mention productivity! Be kind to yourself and those around you. We spend a lot of our time at work, loving what you do plays an important role in your overall well-being! Have a little read of our last blog “What Makes You, You“.
Fame, Wealth and Success
A lot of humanity buys into the fortune, fame and the luxurious lifestyle that comes along with it. More often than not we are given the impression material possessions and a lifestyle full of fanciful things will provide us with an ample amount of contentment. Happiness may never be something that can be guaranteed…we often see the wealthiest most famous people who, from the outside looking in, seem to have everything you could dream of. Yet these individuals may not necessarily feel happy. Hopefully we realise some things are not all they’re cracked up to be.
- England winning at Cricket.
- Living on an island.
- Driving my classic Mercedes SL with the roof off.
- Walking our dogs Wilfred and Tatti on a wild and windy beach.
- Weekend breaks, that involve good food and wine.
- Spending time with good friends, especially those I don’t get to see in a while.
- Feeling the sunshine on my back on a cold day (particularly when I’m walking from the station in the morning).
- Driving my classic Citroen 2cv and watching little tots point at it and smile.
- Spending time with my friends and family!
- Thinking about an amazing year ahead (Getting Married, Buying a house!)
- Summer BBQ’s with lots of sunshine and food!
- Sunshine/good weather.
- Eating with family and friends (because if they order something different I get to try it!).
- Listening to music while travelling/exploring (I really believe world experiences are important, like we say @studiovenues, if you want a new idea change the view).
- My little beast (pet cat) Betty and of course the gym (counting has never been my strong point!).
- Summer in the UK.
- Food (eating it and cooking it) makes me happy.
- Travelling makes me happy.
- days out at the seaside listening to the sound of the sea make me happy.
- Family & friends.
- The weekend.
- Working with a good team.
- The British weather of course.
- My young son Adam.
- Socials with my friends & family.
- The people I surround myself with.
- Food – without a doubt. This was very nearly top of my list and then I begrudgingly reassessed my priorities! I love food, I love cooking and I love eating. All three of these things will never fail to make me happy – unless I’m eating sprouts
- My hobbies – sewing, reading, lifting heavy weights!